Saturday, January 15, 2011

Transfer 9, Week 4

Hello everyone
Sorry it's taken so long to get a good email out, things have been crazy. We've been all over the place with Christmas and New Year's, but things are settled down now, so i have some time to report the goings-on.......let's see.....we've had a lot of trips to the hivatal lately, which weren't too difficult, just super long.........we are definitely never going there unless we get there when it opens. Let's see, other news.......Christmas was really fun, I still got to enjoy all the cookies and fudge from home, and we even had some puzzles and a game or two of phase 10 (wow, it seems like forever since i've done either of those......). oh, and on Christmas eve, we gathered up in the top room of the mission home with pres. and his wife and we sang christmas was so much fun, it was such a great day!
New Year's Eve was super fun, Elder Hintze and I had to stay at the Center for Young Adults until 4 in the morning to supervise their party. Sister Steck was doing face painting, so i got a giant pokeball on my arm (i wanted her to paint the enterprise or the Star Trek insignia, but she didn't know what they looked like, and when i tried drawing them, i absolutely butchered them). So, lots of music, lots of wandering around the mission home trying to find something to do, and lots of juice. oh, sister wade made slush, so we had a giant bowl of soda with that, and it was sooo good! it took me right back to holidays at grandma's house with uncle bret's slush--it tasted just like his. and then, at midnight, everyone got some children's champagne (alcohol-free, of course), and sang the hungarian anthem. it was the first time i heard it, and it was absolutely amazing! It was really cool to hear it for the first time, with all of these hungarian youth singing it. ah, it was super awesome! then everyone was clinking there plastic cups together, "Boldog Új Évet!" super fun. the next day was super pday, so we slept in a lot (well, i slept in until about 8.30......i can't seem to sleep much later than that....) and we gathered at the mission home with the other missionaries. it was really fun, we got a lot of foosball playing in, and we just had a great time.
Lately, not tooo much has been going on........a lot of super hectic days, and a lot of super empty days....not too much in between. but, i'm having a good time here. you know, when we're not pulling our hair out worrying about backing up the computers (yeah, we just installed windows 7 and had to back up the computers..............super stressful, i'm glad all my hair didn't fall out) or wondering what's wrong with the internet today (yeah, no internet for about a week and half....and, each day, there was a different reason). so, things are going good.
I hope you all have a great week, and i'll talk to you all next week!
Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment