Monday, February 15, 2010

transfer 1, week 5

HI everyone!
So, I was kind of running out of ideas for subjects for the title, so i just decided to keep a log of where I am in the transfer...if I think of a great title, i'll put that up too.....
Yeah, so this week was great! We're meeting with quite a few Angolora students outside of class, and they all seem to be pretty interested in the Gospel....it's pretty awesome....we even invited one to church, and she came and stayed for all the meetings! I think she even made some friends too.....it was pretty cool.
Haha, so Elder Huggard decided that he wanted to make brownies for Angolora.....he mixed everything together, but still needed a little more sugar, so he used some brown sugar......yeah. haha, then he turned up the oven too much or something, because the batter started boiling or something.....interesting...yeah, but the brown sugar caramelized, and then turned rock solid.......like, Kryptonite, Superman-proof hard. seriously. We had to let it soak in water for a few days before we started trying to chisel it out of the pan......it was interesting....haha, but our apartment smells like caramel brownies now, so that's good......it's always nice to come home after a long day to the smell of brownies....even if there's none to eat...haha
Ah, but Sunday was so great! I got to help pass the sacrament and our Angolora student came. It was pretty much awesome. Then, that evening, we went to a member-family's house so the mom could practice English with us.....Elder Huggard was sitting in one of those plasic lawn chairs, and one of the legs broke..it was funny, he was kind of just sitting on the floor in stunned silence, and everyone was laughing....they didn't really care, it was just pretty hilarious. haha, and Hungarians are kind of funny because they just say things like they are....the mom said "oh, i should have known that that chair couldn't handle your weight" It's funny, becuase they don't say it to be mean or anything, they just say it.
After that, we ran over to another member's house for dinner.....it was SO GOOD! She made paprika chicken with nokedli.......so delicious! Apparently, she always invites the Elder's Quorum president over with the missionaries, and he says that she makes the best nokedli.......it was pretty much delicious.....i don't really know how to describe it, it's kind of like pasta........but not really......i don't know, look it up online or something, the point is, it was delicious! She was really nice too, and I could understand a lot of what she said.....after dinner, we gave her a blessing.....it was really cool. I didn't have to say anything, i just stood in the circle, but it was such a neat experience...even though it was in a different language, I could still feel the influence of the Spirit.
Yeah, so that was pretty much our week...not much else to report...Gosh, it's so wierd to think that this transfer is almost over! Elder Huggard and I might be together for the next one (Even if we're not, i might still be in Székesfehérvár), but time is just going by so fast! I've already been on my mission for almost 18 weeks....that's three transfers, out of the 18 that we have over the two years....my mission is 1/6 of the way over already! AH! I need to get busy! I feel like I haven't done anything, even though every day is packed! I guess seeing that fraction makes it seem way short! (haha, I'm going to be really embarrassed if i did that math wrong......haha)
Yeah, well, I hope you're all having a great time! I miss you all so much, and I'm looking forward to hearing about what's going on with you all.
Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment