Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekly letter

Hi Everyone!
OK, let's see if I can remember all the questions I got this week....
Yeah, I got a bunch of letters the other day--I don't think I'll be able to check my mail anytime soon, because the next time I'll be going to Budapest will be either for transfers or to pick up my official visa--both are during the same week (I think, maybe the visa might be the week after transfers...) But yeah, I got a bunch of letters last time I was there, so that was great! I'll try to figure out my actual apartment address for next week--although, it might be too late to send mail to that one, if I get transferred. Whenever I get to a new area, I'll try to get the address posted as soon as possible, so if you want to send letters directly to that one, you could probably do that. Still stick with the mission home for packages though, or if you just want to send letters there too. Yeah, but I'll try to get the address...
Um, I'm pretty sure that anyone who wants to can email me....I just probably won't be able to have a huge reply for them...I could try to reply through this email I guess....but yeah, anyone who wants to can email me.
OK, so, this week....it was great! We went to Budapest on Monday AND Thursday (it was awesome!). Thursday was zone conference, and that was amazing! I got to see two of the missionaries who were in the group above us at the MTC, so that was kind of fun.
So, besides that, we taught a lot of lessons this week...ha, we went out to this little falu (I think that's how you spell it....?) which is like, a tiny city (pretty much, village) to visit a less active. When we were done, we walked the 15 minutes back to the bus stop, realized we forgot the phone, went back to get it, and missed the bus. BUT, the upside was that we got to visit with her a little more, and actually talk to her husband who got there just after we got back for the phone. He's not a member, but I think we built up a pretty good relationship with him, so we're going to try to find a time when they're both home again to teach him. It's going to be great!
Yeah, but this week has been pretty good. I think my Angolora classes are getting a little more interesting....we've been playing 20 questions, and they seemed to like it, but I'm going to try to find some different games to play, just to keep it from getting too monotonous.
OK, so we had one day this week where Pres. and Sis. Baughman came out to interview us....they took us out to lunch afterwards. The food was extremely good, and the portions were huge! I managed to eat all of mine, and I was extremely proud of myself, because I rarely finish meals of that size. Yeah, but after that, we went to two different programs with Recent Converts, and they both fed us. We were stuffed! But, they both fed us palacsintas, which are like crepes, but better--so, that was good. They were delicious! We have officially designated Sunday nights as palacsinta night, because Huggard Elder can make them, so we make a bunch and eat while we just kind of chat about ourselves...it's a great bonding experience, I think we talk more and find out more about each other during that time than we do during the whole week! Ha, not really, but we do talk a lot. It's pretty fun.
Yeah, so, that was my week...I think I'm pretty well set into the flow of things, I just need to learn how to communicate! Ah......but, it's getting better...one of the things we learned at zone conference is to not be constantly translating back and forth in our heads, because we'll just get lost....we need to just either be in Hungarian mode, or English mode....It's kind of difficult for me, but I've been trying to just switch over to Hungarian whenever we're teaching, and it's helped so much! It's really encouraging! Like, I still don't know what they're saying because my vocabulary is so limited, but I'm learning how to hear individual words and kind of sentence structure....it's way cool!
So, I'm sorry if I've already said any of this in the last letter....I can't remember what I've put in my emails and what I've written down in my journal...oh well....It's written down somewhere.... :) I miss you all, but I'm having a great time here! I hope you all know what stellar people you are! I love all of you!
Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment