Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Report from Székesfehérvár!

Hi everyone! I hope I didn't freak you all out by not writing yesterday--we were in Budapest for new missionary training and to get our visas (training=AWESOME.....getting visas=b.o.r.i.n.g.) Yeah, but the training was absolutely amazing, and it was with our MTC district, so it was just great to be able to see them again! We all totally feel like family, and we're already making plans to get together after our missions. They're all so great! Yeah, but we were in Budapest all day, so I didn't have a chance to email....so today, we're emailing and doing our shopping.
Oh my gosh, this past week has gone so much better than last week! And it's mostly just how I've been looking at things. I missed you all last week, but that's what I was focusing a lot on, so it made me extremely homesick, and even think about coming home--don't worry, that feeling didn't get too serious. :) This week, I've noticed that I still miss you, but I'm able to see that as something to help me--I want to be the best missionary I can for all of you at home who are so loving and supportive of me. You all make me want to do my absolute best! I am so stoked to get down to work! Elder Huggard and I had a great experience on Sunday--we went streeting after we had set our goals, and we were so excited and ready to accomplish them! We didn't have much success with finding people who were interested in our message, but I was pushing myself to just talk to everyone (seriously--everyone. There's not many people out on Sunday nights, and we talked to about 80% of the people on the street. I know, we can still improve, but it's a lot more than we had been streeting.) It's just so great though, because you can really see how the Lord blesses you as you work harder with a real desire to help people. Even if nobody listens to you, He just helps you to be happy. It's just such an great feeling! In the training, Pres. Baughman just said that even if you aren't feeling happy and successful, just smile. He read a quote that was something along the lines of "Do people smile because they're happy, or are they happy because they smile?" It was great, and really got me excited just to have a positive attitude all the time!
So, the language is still being difficult, but the rest of my district said they were having a hard time too, so I feel a little better. I know that it will come as we work hard, sincerely try to understand and speak, and put our trust in the Lord.
I miss you all, and I hope that you all know how much I love you! You're all such great people--you're one of the reasons why I'm out here!
Elder Murray
ps--I've got a little book I'm keeping quotes in--if any of you come across any (serious, inspirational, funny, from movies, from songs--pretty much, anything--just remember to put who or what it's from as well), you should definitely email them to me! or, you could probably email them to my parents, and they could send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment