Monday, May 31, 2010

Transfer 4, Week 2

Hi everyone!
so, this is the first email from Miskolc! woohoo! I hope everyone's as excited as i am! haha. Actually, it was kind of hard the first few days, just because I hadn't really met with any of the members yet, and I was thinking A LOT about Székesfehérvár. I really got to love that place and the people there, so it was kind of hard to leave. But, I met a lot of the members on Sunday at church, so that made it a lot easier to get started fitting in here.
So, i actually don't have my own phone...kind of a relief, becuase i am realizing more and more that I am completely awful on the phone. It is really wierd being in a car too, because we go all over the place. Elder Lynn still wants to use the villamos sometime, just because he misses the ones in Budapest. The branch here is really strong, they all seem to be pretty excited to be doing missionary work--we taught a class on Sunday about it, and everyone was really involved, so hopefully we'll be able to see a lot more of that in the future. The branch house here is way nice too. And, we have sister missionaries in the city--something completely new for me, but it's pretty fun at the same time. We don't see each other much, but it's always fun to see them at church or Angolóra.
So, Miskolc.....definitely a lot different than Székes. It's actually got hills! I was so excited when we got here and saw that there was actually elevation changes! haha. It's a fairly big city though, apparently about 3 times as big as Székes. We can see a castle out of one of our windows--and a factory out the other. We're actually going to the castle today, so i'll let you all know how that is next week. I don't know why, but the people here seem different than in Székes. I can't put my finger on it, but there's definitely something different about them. I haven't really had much of an opportunity to see what they're like with streeting or tracting--we have a lot of people that we meet with. The city itself is pretty cool. I think Székes had prettier buildings and everything, but i really like how this city is laid out--and the little mountains help too. :) the new apartment.......let's just say that i liked my old one better. haha. the new one's actually not that bad. It's pretty big and everything, and i really like the views out of the windows.
My new companion is Elder Lynn---he's way cool. he's super excited to be out here still, and he really wants to stay in Miskolc. It's been fun getting to know him.
yes dad, i remember how to drive--i still need to take a little drive with Elder Garner (one of the senior couple that are serving in the office) so he can okay me to drive a mission car. we'll see how that goes--apparently it's in budapest, so i guess if i can drive there, i can drive anywhere! haha.
yeah, well, that's about our week....oh, one last thing with transfers....it was kind of funny, because Elder Miller, Elder Lundeen and I all just kind of switched companions. Lundeen is serving with my trainer, Miller's serving with one of Lundeen's companions, and I'm serving with Elder Lynn, who served with Elder Miller a few transfers ago.
well, that's about it for this week.......i'm still kind of getting settled in, so not much else to say......talk to you all next week!
Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment