Monday, October 4, 2010

Transfer 7, Week 2

Hello everyone!
So, I am now in Érd.......hm, what can I say about it......there's a total of about 4 ten-story apartment buildings, surrounded by 5 or 6 four-story apartments, and the rest is just houses, as far as the eye can see. And, basically one little tiny section that is good for streeting. So, basically, what we do is go streeting for a while (about english class), then go and flyer houses (about english class). Nobody on the street is really interested in the gospel, and neither is anybody at home, so we pretty much just try to get as many people as we can to Angolóra, and then try to get investigators out of that. It's worked pretty good so far, it just seems so foreign to me, I'm so used to tracting and streeting and meeting with people. Here, it's a bit more complicated, lenghty process. We'll see how things go, I want to tract the apartments around where we live, if for nothing else, then just for something familiar.
General Conference was super awesome! Elder Holland's talk on gratitude was absolutely amazing and really makes me want to work harder so I can be deserving of that gratitude. And then, Elder Uchtdorf's talk was super funny, where he was talking about trees and then said "now you're all probably saying 'that's cool, but what does it have to do with flying an airplane?'" It was super funny, and our investigator who came didn't really get it so we kind of had to explain that in all of his talks, he applies something about flying an airplane. And, the rest of the talks were super awesome as well, it was really a great conference. And, the investigator who came actually came for all of the sessions and absolutely loved all of them! She is so awesome, and she is doing so great! We're really excited to continue meeting with her, she's said multiple times that her life has gotten so much better since she started meeting with the missionaries and learning about these things.....super awesome!
So, other than that, not too much news.......I have a bike now, which is super nice, I can work off all the weight I gained after having a car for 3 transfers (yeah.....all two pounds of it....) haha, and I was using Elder Andersons helmet that he left for a few days......let's just say there is a significant difference in the size of our heads. I now have a new helmet that actually protects my head rather than just sitting on top of it. :) That was about the most exciting news for the week (other than conference of course).
Oh, a little bit about my companion....his name is Elder Saunders, he is in his 2nd transfer, and he's from Ogden, UT. His trainer was Elder Anderson (Kind of cool. I can tell everyone here that I knew him before we came on our missions). He's a pretty cool kid, kind of doing most of the senior companion stuff since he's been here longer.....all I really have to do is make calls and just talk to people more. Kind of a nice way to ease into senior companion-ness (yes, I just made up a word.....it works in hungarian...)
So, that's about it for this week......hopefully we should be getting a lot more of investigators out of angolóra soon, so then we can meet with more people and spend less time biking around in the frigid weather. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love biking, but in this weather, it doesn't help too much with having a little cold.....oh well, I'll survive somehow. :)
I hope you all have a great week, and I'll talk to you all next monday!
Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment